MINI Scouting Menswear in association with GQ Magazine
With menswear moving out from the shadow of the womenswear, SA Fashion Week has realized the necessity of a menswear designer competition to support emerging menswear labels in their breakthrough into this competitive market. Delivering world class sophistication, the winner of the Scouting Menswear receives mentorship and business support valued at R 100, 000.
Previous winners include: 2014: Beware the Wolf in Sheepâ€™s Clothing 2015: ROGUE 2016: Floyd Avenue 2017: De Mil
The winner will be given opportunities worth more than R 100 000 that include:
- Showcasing their Spring/Summer 2018 Collection at SA Fashion Week [SAFW] in April 2018 and their Autumn/ Winter 2019 Collection at SAFW in October 2018
- A stand at the SAFW Designer Pop Up Shop in August 2018
- Media exposure in GQ South Africa
- An all-expenses paid trip to Pitti Immagine Uomo in Florence, Italy, in June 2018
Who can enter?
- Fashion designers who have been in business for no more than 10 years
- Designers who are working towards establishing themselves/their brands in the South African Fashion Industry
- Designers with a fashion design diploma/degree or a minimum of 5 years designing experience
- Previous SAFW Scouting Menswear finalists can enter but only if it is for a second time
- Previous SAFW Scouting Menswear winners cannot enter
What you need to send:
Complete the online entry form by 31 January 20181st Judging â€“ Selection of the semi-finalists Submit a portfolio with more background of your brand Sketches and fabric swatches of your 8 Spring/Summer â€™18 looks Submission deadline: 9 February 2018 2nd Judging â€“ Selection of the showcasing finalists Semi-finalists will present their collections to the judges during a fitting and interview. Finalists who will go through to show at SAFW SS18, will be chosen during this judging.
|SEE FULL BRIEF||ENTER NOW|
|VIEW 2015 WINNER||VIEW 2016 WINNER||VIEW 2017 WINNER|