For the 2017 SAFW Student Competition you have to:
- Design a shirt dress - airy but tailored, smart for everyday but also vacation-ready and suitable for the red carpet.
- Focus on detail and design to create a timeless piece thatâ€™s not only gender neutral but also blurs age boundaries.
- Choose fabrics that are cotton or cotton mix/blends
- Design in white, black or stripes
- Make sure your look fits a size 34 model
- The finalists and winner will be announced at a show during the SAFW Designer Pop Up Shop - keep this in mind when you start the design process â€“ make sure your garment is wearable, as it will be worn by a model during the show.
- Look at the last page of this brief to see how international designers have embraced and creatively developed this timeless style over the years. Please make sure that you only take inspiration from this!