SAFW Student Competition
The SA Fashion Week Student Competition is open to final year students at any of the Fashion Colleges or Universities in South Africa. It identifies the designers of the future, and for the designer is a stepping-stone to running a successful business and a great way to stand out from the crowd and create brand awareness. The most important aspect of this competition is process, the journey and the lessons learnt on the way. SA Fashion Week calls upon students to exercise their innovation, skills set, tertiary practice and creativity. This Competition is an entry point â€“ the first contact designers have with the media, consumers and buyers. Spotlighting the designers at such an early stage of their career gives SAFW the opportunity to nurture the talent we have, making sure that they stay connected.
LEADING THE SLOW DOWN OF FAST FASHION IN SOUTH AFRICA Weâ€™re asking final year fashion students to look beyond the â€˜immediate' in Fashion Design as the theme for the â€˜Look beyond the short termâ€™ 2018 SAFW Student Competition.
The winner will be given opportunities worth more than R 100 000 that include:
- R5 000 cash prize
- A VIP SA Fashion Week Autumn/Winter â€™19 Collections experience in October 2018. The winner will receive a flight (if required) as well as accommodation for the duration of SAFW. They will also receive 1 ticket to each show and get a VIP tour backstage.
- The winner will be introduced to their favourite designer showing at SA Fashion Week. The top 10 finalists and winner will:
- Have their garments exhibited in a show at the SAFW Designer Pop Up Shop 2018 in Brooklyn Mall, Pretoria.
- Have their garments exhibited in the SAFW reception area during the AW19 Collections: October 2018.
- Will be featured on the SAFW website, social media and blog.
How to Enter?
- Download the full competition brief
- Fill in the electronic entry form online at 3 August 2018. Having trouble doing this online? Email email@example.com and weâ€™ll send you an electronic version to complete and return.
|SEE FULL BRIEF||ENTER NOW|