Established by SAFW in 1993, the New Talent Search is one of the most recognized talent identification initiatives in SA. It continues to showcase and market new designersâ€™ businesses today.
Since its inception, the success stories include: Black Coffee, Tiaan Nagel, Terrence Bray, Maya Prass, Dominique Gatland (Lunar), David Tlale, Cleo Droomer, Anmari Honiball, ERRE and Take Care. This year, the winner receives mentorship and business support valued at R 60, 000!
The competition is open to:
- Designers who are working towards establishing their brands in the South African Creative Fashion Industry.
- Designers that have not been in business for more than seven years.
- Designers with a fashion design diploma or degree or five years design experience.
- Previous SAFW New Talent Search Finalists can enter for a second time.
- This is a ladies wear specific competition – no menswear designs will be accepted.
- The competition is open to SA Citizens only.
- Previous winners cannot enter again.
Complete the online entry form by 29 June 2018