Established by SAFW in 1998, the New Talent Search is one of the most recognized talent identification initiatives in SA.
This platform discovers, nurtures, and grows star talents, giving them the opportunity of a lifetime.
Since its inception, over 160 young designers were given the opportunity to enter the retail market.
This year, the winner receives market opportunities and business support valued at R 45 500.
The competition is open to:
- Designers who are working towards establishing their brands in the South African Creative Fashion Industry.
- Designers that have not been in business for more than ten years.
- Designers with a fashion design diploma or degree or five years design experience.
- Previous SAFW New Talent Search Finalists can enter for a second time.
- This is a ladies wear specific competition â€“ no menswear designs will be accepted.
- The competition is open to SA Citizens only.
- Previous winners cannot enter again.